January 4, 2010
Outside my window...
It's a rather cool 50 degrees this morning. The sun is taking an extra long time to peek through the clouds. Thankfully it's suppose to be near 70 degrees.
I am thinking...
About the changes that 2010 will bring. I'm so very excited about all the changes that have taken place so far, as well as what is to come.
I am thankful for...
There was a ton of really good food over the holidays. I enjoyed doing all the cooking and baking, and was thrilled to be able to share everything. So thankful that my guest appreciated what I served since not everyone who has visited has felt that way! But through it all I am most thankful that instead of gaining weight from all the food I was able to LOSE! Not just maintain, but lose weight.
From the learning rooms...
Back into the swing of things as we progress through this week. Our first week back can often be hit or miss trying to get into certain subjects. We will start slow and by end of week be working on all subjects.
From the kitchen...
Watched Julie & Julia this past weekend. I am inspired to cook, maybe not French Cuisine, but cook never the less. Here is a peek at what I am working on in the kitchen:
Sunday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with homemade rolls
Monday: (in honor of National Spaghetti Day) Spaghetti with homemade meatballs
Tuesday: Venetian Apricot Chicken
Wednesday: Roast in crockpot Pepper Steak with a side of fresh green beans
Thursday: Pepper Steak in the Crockpot Leftovers
Friday: Homemade Pizza night
Saturday: Burgers
I am wearing...
Jean shorts and a pink top
I am creating...
Project Life Album, my project 365 album for 2010
I am going...
To make positive changes in my life and aim to make 2010 one of the best years ever!
I am reading...
I am reading...
Writing Motherhood
By Lisa Garrigues
A Pioneer Woman's Cookbook
Ree Drummond
Fearless
By Max Lucado
I am hoping...
To find some time to get back to writing and scrapbooking. This is a goal I have for 2010. There is a lot of unfinished projects that I need to address.
I am hearing...
Kids reading books. This was the first thing they asked for this morning (even before breakfast); "Can we read our "school books"? Ha! Music to a mothers heart.
Around the house...
The Christmas decorations are carefully packed up and put away. The house seems a bit bare. It's kind of sad. It also signals to us that we need to get into move mode. I'm calling this "Operation purge". For the next 4 -5 months we will need to carefully purge and process. We began the process this weekend, and it was amazing what we found and purged. I have bags of clothes to go to Goodwill and two trashcans full ready to hit the curb. For now I will spend this week catching up on life. Clean out the refrigerator, all the "junk" is going in the trash, laundry, washing and putting away all the extra towels and sheets and cleaning bathrooms.
One of my favorite things...
My morning Pumpkin coffee with pumpkin creamer
A few plans for the rest of the week:
School, gymnastics x3, ortho appointment, haircuts, laundry.
Thought of the week:
"Do something every day that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow" - Doug Firebaugh
I will make wise choices on this journey to better health!













1 comment:
1 - Can't wait to hear what you think of Project Life. e-mail me what you think? I'm still debating on that or the digital version.
2 - Congrats on loosing weight!
3 - What about Pioneer Woman's cookbook? I'm debating on that one too. :-)
Post a Comment