Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday's Fave Five

 
It's hard to beleive that this is the last Friday's Fave Five post of the month. 
Where did the month of February go? 

If you are interested in joining in the Friday Fave Five fun go check out Susanne's blog Living to Tell the Story
So this past week has been fairly low key, nothing major happening. 

My blessings, or happy moments this week were: 

1.  We started the week by celebrating a belated birthday dinner out. We went to Macaroni Grill, which use to be a favorite of mine, until this outing. But that's not what my happiness post is about. I celebrated with the woman who gave birth to me and then gave me up for adoption quite a few years ago! Never in a million years would either of us have imagined being able to spend time together like this. It's a huge blessing in my life to have known her and to be able to spend some time with her. 

2.  This week chocolate brought me some happiness. Yes, I did say chocolate. In fact the recipe was titled "Death By Chocolate". The great thing about this recipe is that it was low in calories.  Right now I am all about low calories.

3. This week I was super excited to get my Pampered Chef order delivered.  I love Pampered Chef products and am usually super excited when someone hosts a party. At the beginning of the month a neighbor hosted a party and I knew it was my opportunity to get the covered baker that I had been eying. I am excited to be able to try out some new recipes.

4. Cinnamon rolls...yum! Well at least for me it was a very small bite, and the smell of them baking in my house. Cinnamon rolls bring back some wonderful warm memories. The memories just make me happy!

5. Smiles from a special little girl. My neighbor went away for 10 days. We missed them terribly, especially her almost 2 year old. When we finally caught up with them after they got home and settled we got tons of smiles and hugs from the little one. It was certainly something that just blessed my day!

2 comments:

Susanne said...

How neat that you were able to have a meal and spend some time getting to know the one who birthed you.

Chocolate makes me happy too and also cinnamon buns. Yummy. Good thing I don't have any of either in the house or I'd be going to devour them right now. :v)

Karen said...

This is a wonderful list, especially #1.

Chocolate and Pampered Chef make me happy, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails