Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday's Fave Five

 
It's Friday!

This week's happy thoughts .......

1. First on my list is...Mr. Strawberry Man has returned. I live just down the street from a Strawberry Stand and this past week he was out there with fresh strawberries from the fields. I couldn't help but stop and buy some. The kids devoured them at lunch time! 
2. I love getting mail! I love going to the mailbox to see what the mailman delivered. This week I received a card from my dad. It seems like such a simple like, but it really is not his forte. My mom was always the one to send cards, notes and make phone calls. Since her death I have missed those surprises in the mail. So this week it made my heart happy to receive this card from my dad. 
3. I love that my son just gets math. He breezes right through his math lessons and doesn't blink an eye. It absolutely floors me as I watch him work his math worksheets. I joke with him that before he knows it he will be helping his older sister with her math.
4. I love to try new recipes. I also like to try to be pretty faithful to my menu planning. Most recently I have been trying to work from what I have on hand in my pantry and decrease my home supply before I hit the store to restock. I was actually quite successful for the month of January and only hit the store twice. This month is a little more challenging. I try to make Friday night pizza nights, but discovered that I was low on cheese for the pizza topping. So out came the thinking cap to try and figure out a substitute meal plan. One of my backup plans is breakfast for dinner. So tonight I made a "breakfast for dinner", and boy was it yummy. I tried a new Belgian Waffle recipe. Toasted Pecans and fresh blueberries. WOW! This recipe was really to die for! I will be making this again, and again. 
5. I love Swag Bucks! About a month ago I turned in some of my points for a gift card. I was so excited to order from Amazon and use my points I had accrued rather than pay out of pocket. This week my order arrived. What a treat it was to order something just for me!


If you are interested in joining the Friday's Fave Five group go visit Susanne over at Living to tell the Story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great 5...my daughter gets math too! It is fun watching the thought process!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Aw, a card from your dad is so sweet!

I have a "math boy," too, and he's decided to become a math teacher!

It's great to see them find their niche.

Happy weekend!

Karyn said...

Such a loving, thoughtful thing for your Dad to send you a card in the mail. He must be a pretty special guy.

I, too, loved to watch my boys 'just get it' when it came to math. Probably because Math was never easy for me to understand.

Breakfast for Dinner is a good 'in a pinch' solution. Yours sounds yummy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails