Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday's Fave Five - August 27th

Friday's Fave Five 
August 27th, 2010 
Be sure to stop by Living to Tell the Story to check out more Friday's Fave Five posts.
 
My favorites this week: 

1. We have had an awesome start to our school year this week. Everyone starts their days with great attitudes and so far no fussing about the work they are required to do. I'm hoping and praying that these attitudes continue as we proceed through our school year.
2. I am thankful to have found a local homeschool group. I discovered the group on Thursday and attended their back to school bash on Friday. It's a large group, and I'm not yet sure how much I will be involved, but I'm very thankful that I have people here locally that also homeschool.
3. I'm very thankful that I have a husband that doesn't mind going to the commissary with me, three kids and a long grocery list.
4. This past week we were blessed to have found a local AWANA Club that all three of the kids can attend. My younger two were a little upset at first, but as the week has progressed and we have worked on their bible verses they have gotten excited about going back on Sunday.
5. I'm very thankful to have an entire room dedicated to school. It has been so great to walk out of there at the end of the day and close the door behind me. Unfortunately, there is a drawback to that as well, I can't just run upstairs and make a copy and go back. The teacher now has to bring work home in order to prepare for the next day.

1 comment:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Great attitudes to start the school year with -- that IS something to be thankful for.

Hope you have a great week ahead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails