Fridays Fave Five
September 3, 2010
It's Friday, that means it's time for the blessings of the week. Life is full of little blessings if we look close enough. This week, although it was a rough start turned into a pretty good week. Make sure you head on over to Suzanne's blog Living to Tell the Story to join Friday's Fave Five. Here are my "happy" moments from the week.
1. I finally had a neighbor say hello and introduce herself. We have lived here for two months now and we were really beginning to feel a little concerned with the lack of friendly neighbors on this street. On Friday the lady next door, who has at least waved when I go to get the mail , actually spoke to us and introduced herself. Whew. Then another neighbor brought us a plate of cookies, as well as an invitation to their church. Things might just be coming together.
2. Very thankful that my husband made it home from his business trip a day early! It meant that he could join us for our Friday morning school day. The kids had a blast having "the principal" check in on them at school.
3. Rainbows. I witness them at least once an evening. Wonderful promises from God.
4. The giggles and laughter of my children. I feel so very blessed to be their mom, to experience them every single day. It brings me so much joy to see them play together, to learn together and to just be my kids. I don't ever want to take that for granted.
5. I feel extremely blessed that our children enjoy spending time with us on "family night". We usually reserve Friday nights for family night, make homemade pizza and either play games or watch a movie. This Friday was the premiere of Camp Rock 2 and my oldest daughter wanted to make a party of it. We had camp food around a "campfire" that the girls made while we watched the movie as a family. It was such a blast just to hang out in the living room as a family.
The creative campfire!












3 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am bookmarking yours to come and visit when I have more time! Be blessed!
Christa
My kiddos are now 26 and 27 and I have many fond memories of family nights, campfires (real and imagined) and their giggles. These certainly are blessings.
So glad that neighbors are introducing themselves to you all. Maybe you could switch it up and take a plate of cookies to some of them!!!
Since you see so many rainbows you must have daily showers. Awesome. When I lived in CO we had thunderstorms every afternoon and so saw many rainbows too. I miss both the storms and the resulting rainbows.
Your family night sounds like SO much fun!! What a great idea. You have creative kids -- keep those creative juices flowing.
Glad to hear your neighbors are warming up. Nothing like a friendly neighborhood.
Hope you have a great week ahead!
Post a Comment