It's Friday! Woo hoo. Although from here on out Friday's are going to indicate it's time to WORK! I must get through the entire purge of this house in less than 100 days.
It's been a pretty good week here. We are still trying to wrap our brains around the news of our next assignment. It's exciting and scary at the same time. There are a lot of little details to figure out. And of course there is me trying to heal the hurt that I won't see my family for another three years. I've been trying to not go there and look at the positive though.
If you are interested in joining Susanne in Friday's Fab Five, head over to her blog Living to Tell the Story.
Blessings of the week:
1. As I sat in the orthodontist office waiting for the oldest to go back for an appointment a woman two seats over gently patted my arm. I turned to look her direction and she said "you have done a really good job with your children". I smiled and said "thank you". She said, "no really you have done a "really" great job and it's all from your parenting". Once again, I said thank you and told her the children had been coming here long enough to know what I expect of them. She then said, "regardless, you have done a great job raising them". It felt good that a stranger recognized this and felt confident to tell me this. My children are far from perfect, but I am thankful that when we are out and about they use good manners and act like big boys and girls.
2. I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the day with a very dear friend and her daughter this past week. We all (my kids and hers) just stayed at my house and chatted for hours on end...well she and I chatted, the kids played. It was such a blessing to catch up with her and reconnect our friendship. She also took a bunch of my gently used toddler toys, which was a super huge blessing!
3. My husband and I were blessed with an unexpected gift card that arrived in the mail on Thursday. It was a combination birthday gift for him and I, and it was perfect timing since it was his birthday. So off we went to dinner at Olive Garden.
4. My kids have really blessed me this week. They have accepted the news of a move without batting much of an eye...well most of them.
5. I am so blessed with a community of spouses here in California. Several of my friends here have offered to help me connect with their friends in Hawaii. This assignment is considered an overseas tour for us, our first. During a overseas move there are some things that are done a little differently, so it's nice to talk to someone who has been there done that. .












3 comments:
It sounds like you are approaching your move well. I know I've said it a lot, but I can't wait to see the photos! ;-) My brother spent almost five years there (Navy) - I think. I know his first two kids were born there & they are about 2 years apart. Maybe it was only 3....
Boy, Hawaii, that sound exciting! How fun to get the gift card, I got one this week too unexpectedly in the mail, and it was so much fun!
Hope everything goes smoothly in your move. Sounds like you are getting a good start. If I had to move, Hawaii would be right up there if I had a choice! :v)
How sweet of that lady to encourage you about the parenting of your kids.
Post a Comment