April 2, 2010
My Friday's Fave 5:1. It thrills me beyond measure when my children greet me each morning as if they have not seen me in forever. I hope they will always feel like this. Each morning they excitedly come running to me for morning hugs. It's a Mommy feel good moment.
2. I had a local friend tell me this past week that she would really miss me when I move. She is a dear friend, but not one I had thought would miss my presence in her life. It was a huge blessing to hear these words. The Air Force can often be a small family and there are families that become lifetime friends!
3. We had the opportunity to attend a showing of The Pageant of our Lord which is a unique presentation of the life of Christ through living reproductions of famous works of art. One of my neighbors and I traded babysitting of the little kids so we could each attend with our older kids. This year was the silver anniversary of this production, and I am so glad that I jumped at this opportunity. It was a HUGE blessing.
4. I have been very blessed with an amazing Mother-in-Law. I'm sure I have said it in the past, I will say it again. My own mother died almost 5 years ago and although my MIL does not take her place she fills that void that I have for motherly advice and support. Even when my mom was alive she filled that need. She and I chat weekly and email often. The only drawback is that we live 3,000 miles apart from one another. I know many people who have strained relationships with their in-laws. I'm very grateful for the relationship I have with my in-laws.
5. Sometimes blessings come in the smallest of comments. A few nights ago I ran into a neighbor who I see fairly often. She mentioned she had seen me walking behind her house along the path. She told me she didn't recognize me and had to do a double take. I guess she thought my husband was walking with some other woman. LOL She finally realized it was me after doing a few double takes. It feels good when all my hard work is starting to show....and it's paying off. Time to go buy new clothes.....at least 2 sizes smaller!












2 comments:
Oh #1 is definitely a sweet Mommy moment! I loved those mornings!
I have never heard of the Pageant of our Lord. That would be so interesting and moving.
Having a great relationship with family including in-laws and having great friends is a true blessing!
Happy Easter!
I agree. My MIL is a true blessing in my life. Congrats on the weight loss! You have inspired me while you've been sharing your journey. Thank you. Have a blessed weekend!
Post a Comment