Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 14


 Week 14
April 4 - 10, 2010
Sunday
 Easter Baskets
The Easter baskets that I have always used are pretty small since I have used these since my youngest were really tiny. I ran out of room quickly this year so I had to find buckets I already had. I then put the original baskets down in the buckets. Note to self: next year buy new baskets.
This year I persuaded the Easter Bunny to only leave one chocolate item. The rest of the items were P.J.'s, coloring books, small toy or stickers and several books for each of the kids. Thankfully the Easter Bunny was on board with my plan!
Monday
 Some days just call for chocolate!
Tuesday
 Many of my days revolve around the copier/printer.
Wednesday
At the beginning of the week my husband came home early, packed and left for a trip that he had not planned on taking. He was only gone two days. He purposely took a direct flight so his luggage would get there for a very important meeting. He flew to Colorado that evening, called to let me know he had arrived. Crazy thing was his luggage did not go to Colorado, but to the east coast instead. His luggage had to work it's way back out west and arrived a day later than he did. He never saw his luggage while he was gone.
Thursday
I have been working really hard at trying to get my daughter comfortable with a gas stove. She is a little leery about turning on the burners. Today she made herself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. I made her do *everything* including turning on the burners. Yea! She did it! I think as time goes on she will get more comfortable with the gas stove and cooking on it.  I still remember when my parent's got their first gas stove and I too was very leery about turning on the burners.
Friday
 Another large load "out of here"! This picture only shows part of the load. Along with the above items went a  love seat, a 32 inch t.v., a kids play set and a desk. I failed to get a picture of the back of the truck all loaded. I am very grateful that Jennifer has been able to take these items and sell them. She is using the money to pay for her one daughter to attend a summer camp and for another daughter's hospital bills. It is so true that "One person's junk is another person's treasure".
Saturday
I found a new recipe for Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Pineapple. It was really good, a bit on the spicy side, but that can be altered the next time around. Yummy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails