May 7, 2010
This week I was anticipating a lot of stressful moments. Knowing that, I purposely worked at finding the good and the positive each day. It can be so easy to fall back on a negative outlook rather than looking for the positive. Overall this ended up being a pretty good week.
Here are my "happy" moments from the week.
1. Each of us had to be seen at the doctor to be medically cleared to travel "overseas" for our assignment. I'm not sure why this concerned me so much except that perhaps "something" would keep the doctor from signing off on the paperwork. In the end we were all seen for a family appointment, records quickly gone over and the doctor signed off on all paperwork. Woo hoo. One box of many checked.
2. Everyone also had to be medically cleared with our dentist's. This was not as easy since we go to three different dentist office's. But we all were seen at our respective dentist office and signed off on our paperwork. Another box checked!
3. The above two items were the last that needed to be checked off. Now all paperwork was ready to send. We are somewhat on a time crunch at this point so we were hoping that there would be nothing else to hold us back. We submitted all paperwork and less than 24 hours later we received orders. This is a relief, and also confirmation. We really are moving to Hawaii! (Note: I don't really believe we are moving to where they say until I see orders. We have been diverted in the past, even after our household goods have left our departing station).
4. Shopping with my daughter. I had the opportunity to take my oldest daughter shopping....just her and I. she had a gift card from Christmas that needed to be used so off we went. I wanted to go when I had time to just focus on her and not deal with two younger kids who just wanted to be somehwere other than trying on clothes. So off we went. It also became a perfect excuse to look for some new clothes for my shrinking body. LOL Each of us found several outfits, including new bathing suits for Hawaii! It was a very fun mother-daughter outing and we are both sporting new clothes.
5. I received several emails over the past few days that have just blessed me. One was from my dear sister who lives on the east coast. She has such a special gift with words, and she knew the perfect words to say in wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. The second came from a friend who lives close by. We see each other regularly, but her Mother's Day email brought me to tears. It's always nice to hear when a friend or family member truly expresses words of kindness.
So that was a handful of my special moments this past week. If you are interested in joining in, go check out Susanne at Living To Tell the Story. There is always room for more stories.












2 comments:
Such happy FFFs! I'm so excited for you to be moving to Hawaii! What an adventure for your family.
Happy Mother's Day!
How exciting to be moving to Hawaii! :D
Post a Comment